Date: Wednesday July 27th, 2011
by: Ed M Koziarski
This video was presented at the Institute for Strategic Leadership‘s “Carry On Fukushima” program in Tokyo on 7/21/11. It includes voices from food producers in the area around the still-leaking Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant:
- Ohashi may need to look outside Fukushima now for organic suppliers for his bread. He says we need to learn to coexist with radiation.
- Suzuki and Fukumoto are leaving the idyllic farming community of Kaidomari to live in balance with nature elsewhere.
- Hongo won’t sell his potentially contaminated rice this year, but he’s eating it himself.
- Yoshizawa wants to save his 300 irradiated dairy cows from a death sentence.
- Yamamoto was a farming intern when the disaster struck. She decided to stay and volunteer at an evacuation center.
- Yoshida is committed to stay and continue farming on the land his family has cultivated for 200 years.
ISL（institute for strategic leadership)の主催で開かれた「頑張っぺ福島」フォーラムで上映した映像。これまでアップしてきた映像をまとめ、銀嶺食品の大橋雄二さんの話を加えました。この映像はこれまで撮影してきたものほんの１０％です。今後も編集、撮影を継続し、福島の声を残します。